frequently asked questions icon
  • How can I enroll my child in school?

    A parent or guardian must go to the school and show documentation of current residence, immunization, birth date, and a physical within the year. If transferring from another city or state, a parent or guardian must show proof of previous residence and official school records. To access the registration packet for new students, click here. To access the registration packet for kindergarten, click here

    How do I apply for controlled open enrollment?

    Clay County School District strives to provide parents with an opportunity to choose the desired school for their children. In addition to the established attendance zone, Special Pupil Requests due to hardship and career academies, the Clay County School District will provide additional options for school assignment based on Controlled Open Enrollment in accordance with Florida Statute 1002.31. Controlled Open Enrollment (COE) provides parents and legal guardians of children and youth entering grades K-12 the opportunity to seek enrollment in a school other than the zoned school of attendance. Under this statute, parents/legal guardians currently residing in any school district in the State of Florida may select schools from a list identified by the Clay County School District as having available seats based upon published guidelines. For more information and to apply to attend an open school, please click here.

    When is the first day of school, the last day of school, or Spring Break?

    Information regarding the school calendar and holidays can be accessed on this website by clicking the calendar link on the main menu. 

    How can I get a copy of my transcript?

    You can request a paper or electronic transcript by clicking here.

    Is bus transportation available for my child?

    State law requires bus transportation for students who live two miles or more from the schools they currently attend. For more information, contact the Transportation Department at 904-336-0001 or visit the Transportation Department webpage.