2021 - 2022 School Year VPK
- Available to all children who will turn 4 years old by September 1, 2021 & have NOT already participated in VPK.
- No fees are charged for VPK three hours instruction.
- Before and After Extended Day available for a nominal fee through CCSD deduction or Scheduled Payment Agreement Form.
- Transportation must be provided by parents.
Lottery Application Dates:
The lottery application period will begin February 15 through March1. The date to notify parents will be March 15th with a registration deadline of April 15th.
Certificate of Eligibility
- Must have a Certificate of Eligibility form at time of application for the lottery.
- Parents must obtain a Clay County VPK Certificate of Eligibility by registering online at Family Services- Florida Early Learning.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Follow link sent to valid email address..
- Complete application *** County for Service – CLAY
- Child’s Birth Certificate and Parent’s Proof of Florida Residency must be electronically submitted during the application process before a Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.
- Once documents are verified by Episcopal Children’s Services (approximately 2-4 days), an email will be sent to the valid email address to inform the parent to log in and print the Certificate of Eligibility.
Steps for Parents
- Parents will fill out the VPK Lottery Application and email the unsigned Certificate of Eligibility to email@example.com. No exceptions to the deadline.
- Parents are not able to submit children’s names at multiple schools.
- The child’s name will be placed in a lottery pool for the limited available space.
- Parents will be informed how many spots are available each school on the lottery application.
- The drawing will be on March 15th at the district registration office for available VPK seats. Parents will be notified, via email, if their child’s name was drawn. A link to the registration form and required documentation will be included in the email and must be submitted no later than April 15th.
- Student’s whose names were not drawn, will be notified via email and automatically placed on the waiting list.
- After June 1st, lottery waiting list parents will be called by school if space is available.
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact the District Registration Office at 904-336-6577.
If your student’s name is drawn in the lottery for a VPK seat, you must submit all required documentation and the signed and dated Certificate of Eligibility when registering. Necessary documents include:
- Birth Certificate
- FL680 Immunization Record
- School Entry Health Exam
- Parent’s Government Issued Photo ID
- Signed and Dated Certificate of Eligibility
VPK School Openings
Charles E. Bennett
Clay Hill Elementary
Doctors Inlet Elementary
Fleming Island Elementary
Keystone Heights Elementary
Lake Asbury Elementary
Oakleaf Village Elementary
Plantation Oaks Elementary
S.Bryan Jennings Elementary
W.E. Cherry Elementary
For VPK at Swimming Pen Creek please contact the school.