2018 - 2019 School Year VPK
Attention Parents interested in: VPK Fall 2018
Clay County Public Schools 2018 - 2019 School Year Voluntary Pre-K Facts
- Available to all children who will turn 4 years old by September 1, 2018 & have NOT already participated in VPK.
- No fees are charged for VPK three hours instruction.
- Before and After Extended Day available for a nominal fee through CCSD deduction or Scheduled Payment Agreement Form. Transportation must be provided by parent.
- This form must be submitted with Certificate of Eligibility form at time of registration.
- Parents must obtain a Clay County VPK Certificate of Eligibility by registering online at https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Follow link sent to valid email address..
- Complete application *** County for Service – CLAY
- Child’s Birth Certificate and Parent’s Proof of Florida Residency must be electronically submitted during application process before a Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.
- Once documents are verified by Episcopal Children’s Services (approximately 2-4 days), an email will be sent to the valid email address to inform parent to log in and print the Certificate of Eligibility.
- If the parent does not have access to the internet, they may contact Episcopal Children’s Services to make an appointment to use their Kiosk 904-726-1500. Parents may also use any of the public library computers to access the internet. The Clay County District VPK will provide one laptop for internet access by appointment only 904-336-6908.
- Parents will show the Certificate of Eligibility to the one school of their choice beginning April 20th through end of school day April 26th. No exceptions to deadline.
- Parents are not able to submit children’s names at multiple schools.
- The child’s name will be placed in a lottery pool for the limited available space.
- Parents will be informed by the school how many spots are available at that school during this timeframe.
- The drawing will be on May 3rd at the district office by supervisors for available VPK seats. Parents will be notified, via email, if their child’s name was drawn or placed on waiting list.
- Parents whose child’s name was drawn for a seat at the school of their choice have until May 25th to register their child with all necessary documentation.
- After May 25th, lottery waiting list parents will be called by school if space is available.
- Participating elementary schools are:Argyle, Charles E. Bennett, Doctors Inlet, Fleming Island (2), Keystone Heights, Lake Asbury, McRae, Oakleaf Village, R.M. Paterson, Plantation Oaks (2), Rideout, Ridgeview, S. Bryan Jennings, Shadowlawn (2), Tynes, W.E. Cherry (2), Wilkinson (2).
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact the District Office VPK Department at 904-336-6909. If your student’s name is drawn in the lottery for a VPK seat, you must bring all required documentation and the Certificate of Eligibility when registering. A complete list of all necessary documents can be found at: http://www.oneclay.net/uploads/3/8/0/5/38058641/final_registration_packet_9.6.pdf
There are VPK openings at the following schools for 2018-2019:
Charles E. Bennett Elementary School
Plantation Oaks Elementary School
Rideout Elementary School
Ridgeview Elementary School
Shadowlawn Elementary School
S. Bryan Jennings Elementary School
McRae Elementary School
Tynes Elementary School
Wilkinson Elementary School