G Suite for Education
What is G Suite for Education?
G Suite for Education runs on an Internet domain operated by the School District of Clay County and is intended for educational use. Your student’s teachers will be using Google Apps for lessons, assignments, and communication. All teachers and students in grades have Google accounts that are managed by the School District of Clay County allowing students to create, collaborate, and store their work.
The following primary services are available and hosted by Google as part of the School District of Clay County’s online presence in G Suite for Education. Student Apps include, but are not limited to:
- Mail - an individual email account for school-use managed by the SDCC
- Calendar – an individual calendar providing the ability to organize schedules, activities, and assignments
- Drive – storage, word processing, spreadsheet, drawing, presentation, and forms tools
When can G Suite for Education be used?
G Suite for Education is entirely online and available at school, home, the library, or anywhere with Internet access-24/7. School staff will monitor student use of Apps when students are at school. Parents are responsible for monitoring their child’s use of Apps when accessing programs from outside the school. Students are responsible for their own behavior at all times.
Students can collaboratively create, edit, and share files for school-related projects and communicate via email with other students and teachers sharing the same email address (@myoneclay.net). As part of our digital learning initiative, there will be a more focused emphasis on teaching information literacy skills and digital citizenship principles as a student will have more opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills they are learning to the digital environment. Examples of student use include showcasing class projects, building an electronic portfolio of school learning experiences, and working in small collaborative groups on presentations to share with others.
Is it safe for students to use G Suite for Education?
Student safety is our highest priority. All students Google accounts are within our Clay “Secured Environment” which means students can only send and receive emails from individuals who have a SDCC Google account (@myoneclay.net). This account will be considered the student's official School District email address for this school year.
Acceptable Use (Privacy and Safety)
G Suite for Education is primarily for educational use. Students may use Apps for personal use subject to the restrictions below and additional school rules and policies that may apply.
- Privacy - School staff, administrators, and parents all have access to student email for monitoring purposes. Students have no expectation of privacy on the Apps system.
- Limited personal use - Students may use Apps tools for personal projects but may not use them for
- Unlawful activities
- Commercial purposes (running a business or trying to make money)
- Personal financial gain (running a website to sell things)
- Inappropriate sexual or other offensive content
- Threatening another person
- Misrepresentation of Clay County Schools, staff or students. Apps, sites, email, and groups are not public forums. They are extensions of classroom spaces where student free speech rights may be limited.
- Students may not post personal contact information about themselves or other people. That includes last names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Students agree not to meet with someone they have met online.
- Students will tell their teacher or another school employee about any message they receive that is inappropriate or makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Students are responsible for the use of their individual accounts and should take all reasonable precautions to prevent others from being able to use their account. Under no conditions should a user provide his or her password to another person.
Advertising is turned off in G Suite for Education and no personal student information is collected for commercial purposes.
As a parent/guardian of a child under 18 in the School District of Clay County you have full rights and privileges to view your child’s account. To view, your child’s account using their Username and Password.
What if I do not want my child to have a G Suite for Education Account?
If you choose not to allow your child to participate in G Suite for Education, please download, print, sign, and return theG Suite Opt-Out form