2022-2023 School Year VPK
The Lottery Window Has Closed
Parents who missed the lottery window may request to be added to the waitlist starting April 15, 2022(see details below).
- Available to all children who will turn 4 years old by September 1, 2022 & have NOT already participated in VPK.
- No fees are charged for VPK three hours instruction.
- Before and After Extended Day (during school hours only) is available for a nominal fee through CCDS deduction or Scheduled Payment Agreement Form. (After school care is NOT provided)
- Transportation MUST be provided by parents.
Certificate of Eligibility
- You must have a Certificate of Eligibility form to be added to the waitlist. Parents must obtain a Clay County VPK Certificate of Eligibility by registering online at Family Services- Florida Early Learning.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Follow link sent to valid email address..
- Complete application *** County for Service – CLAY
- A child’s Birth Certificate and Parent’s Proof of Florida Residency must be electronically submitted during the application process before a Certificate of Eligibility is issued.
- Once documents are verified by Episcopal Children’s Services (approximately 2-4 days), an email will be sent to the valid email address to inform the parent to log in and print the Certificate of Eligibility.
Steps for Parents
The Lottery Window Has Closed
Parents who missed the lottery window may request to be added to the waitlist starting April 15, 2022.
- Parents will complete the online application for the waitlist found here (The linked form will not open until April 15, 2022)
- Parents are not able to request multiple Clay County District public schools.The child’s name will be placed in the lottery for the requested school.
- Parents will be notified via the phone number on the certificate of eligibility if a seat becomes available with further instructions.
VPK Schools at CCDS High Schools
There may be a few VPK spots available at our High School Child Care Learning Labs. As part of the Early Childhood Education program, the Child Care Center is a Learning Lab where our high school students who desire to work with children in the future can practice and improve their teaching craft while providing quality instruction for our younger learners. There are paid, trained adults who are Clay County School Board Employees in the center at all times, along with the high school students who are helping.
The centers are open from 6:45 to 4:15 and the cost is $230 every two weeks. If you are a school board employee, tuition is paid through payroll deduction. If you are a community member, tuition is paid directly to the school.
If you are interested in applying for a seat at one of our high schools, please complete the application found here and the program director will contact you.
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact the District Registration Office at 904-336-6577 or email email@example.com
Required documents once the lottery is confirmed include:
- Birth Certificate
- FL680 Immunization Record
- School Entry Health Exam
- Parent’s Government Issued Photo ID
- Signed and Dated Certificate of Eligibility
Charles E. Bennett
Clay Hill Elementary
Doctors Inlet Elementary
Fleming Island Elementary
Keystone Heights Elementary
Lake Asbury Elementary
Oakleaf Village Elementary
Plantation Oaks Elementary
S.Bryan Jennings Elementary
W.E. Cherry Elementary
For Montessori VPK at Swimming Pen Creek please contact the school.