2020 - 2021 School Year VPK
- Available to all children who will turn 4 years old by September 1, 2020 & have NOT already participated in VPK.
- No fees are charged for VPK three hours instruction.
- Before and After Extended Day available for a nominal fee through CCSD deduction or Scheduled Payment Agreement Form. Transportation must be provided by parents.
We are extending the lottery a week from April 17th through May 1st. The date to notify parents will be May 15th with a deadline of registration of June 1st.
Certificate of Eligibility
- Must have a Certificate of Eligibility form at time of registration.
- Parents must obtain a Clay County VPK Certificate of Eligibility by registering online at Family Services- Florida Early Learning.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Follow link sent to valid email address..
- Complete application *** County for Service – CLAY
- Child’s Birth Certificate and Parent’s Proof of Florida Residency must be electronically submitted during the application process before a Certificate of Eligibility will be issued.
- Once documents are verified by Episcopal Children’s Services (approximately 2-4 days), an email will be sent to the valid email address to inform the parent to log in and print the Certificate of Eligibility.
Steps for Parents
- Parents will fill out the VPK Lottery Application and then upload the Cert of Eligibility.
- Parents will upload the Certificate of Eligibility for one school of their choice beginning April 17th through the end of school day May 1st. No exceptions to the deadline.
- Parents are not able to submit children’s names at multiple schools.
- The child’s name will be placed in a lottery pool for the limited available space.
- Parents will be informed by the school how many spots are available at that school during this timeframe.
- The drawing will be on May 15th at the district office by supervisors for available VPK seats. Parents will be notified, via email, if their child’s name was drawn or placed on a waiting list.
- Parents whose child’s name was drawn for a seat at the school of their choice have until June 1st to register their child with all necessary documentation.
- After June 1st, lottery waiting list parents will be called by school if space is available.
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact the District Office VPK Department at 904-336-6909.
If your student’s name is drawn in the lottery for a VPK seat, you must submit all required documentation and the Certificate of Eligibility when registering. A complete list of all necessary documents can be found at: oneclay.net/registration
VPK School Openings
Charles E. Bennett
Clay Hill Elementary
Doctors Inlet Elementary
Fleming Island Elementary (2)
Keystone Heights Elementary
Lake Asbury Elementary
Oakleaf Village Elementary
Plantation Oaks Elementary (2)
RideOut Elementary (2)
S. Bryan Jennings Elementary
Shawdowlawn Elementary (2)
W.E. Cherry Elementary (2)
Wilkinson Elementary (2)
For VPK at Swimming Pen Creek please contact the school.