The School District works cooperatively with local law enforcement officials to promote anti-drug and anti-violence programs and lessons within the schools. Currently, the Clay County Sheriff’s Office provides a full-time officer at all high schools, who:
- Serves as a liaison between the Sheriff’s Office, the School District and the Clay County Community.
- Provides a positive image through interaction with students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- Conducts presentations to students and faculty.
- Assists schools in developing safety and security plans, crisis plans, evacuation plans, etc.
- Provides students with positive role models.
- Handles any law-related issues that arise on campus, including assault, theft, disorderly conduct, truancy, etc.
- Investigates crimes and makes arrests when appropriate.