The District offers employees three different insurance plan options, designed specifically to meet individual needs.
To Be Determined
United Healthcare On-Site Representative
Arriving 10/1/2016 estimated
Plan A is designed to fit the needs of those who wish to participate in the health insurance plan. Plan B provides a separate choice of benefits for those who do not wish to participate in the medical plan.
United Healthcare HMO, HSA and PPO Information
All district employees have a choice of three medical plans – Choice HMO and Choice HSA (no PCP required and you do not have to get a referral to see a specialist) or Choice Plus PPO with in-and-out-of-network benefits.
- United Healthcare (UHC) Customer Service (866)873-3903 - Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M. (EST)
- www.myuhc.com is your on-line resource for everything you need to know about your health plan, plus free tools and resources. Upon receiving your Member ID card, visit the Florida Blue website. Once you register, you can access all information 24/7.
Change In Status
In order to safeguard your benefits, you must contact the District’s Insurance Department at 904-284-6549, 529-4917 or 529-4919 (within 30 days) should you experience a “Change in Status.” Examples include:
- Marriage or divorce
- Spouse or dependent's death
- A dependent's death
- The commencement or termination of your spouse's employment
- A change from full-time to part-time employment or vice versa by you or your spouse
- An unpaid leave of absence by your or your spouse
- A significant change in health coverage resulting from your spouse's employment
The district sponsors two Delta Dental plan options – the DeltaCare Prepaid Dental Plan (in-network dentist only) and the Delta Dental PPO Plan. These options allow you to determine where you want to go to receive dental care and how much you want to spend for the coverage and care. Refer to pages 41and 42 of the Benefits 101 Guide for detailed information and how to look-up an in-network dentist under the DeltaCare Prepaid Dental Plan.
- Delta Dental Prepaid (DHMO): 800-422-4234
- Delta Dental Prepaid (PPO): 800-521-2651
- Delta Dental Website: www.deltadentalins.com
During annual enrollment, you may elect to purchase life insurance for your spouse and dependent children through Liberty Mutual. You can purchase coverage for your spouse in an amount equal to 50% of the employee’s basic life insurance coverage ($10,000 for Plan A; $25,000 for Plan B) for the same rates as the employee supplemental life insurance. In addition, you can elect coverage for your children ($5,000 for Plan A; $10,000 for Plan B) for a per-unit rate. The children’s premium covers all eligible children. Evidence of Insurability may apply to existing employees. *Married CCDS employees may NOT be covered as an employee and a dependent. If your spouse works for CCDS, you may not elect spouse life insurance. Only one of you may cover eligible dependents under Child Life.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The district is happy to offer a work-life balance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Liberty Mutual. MyLibertyAssist EAP Services are available to you and your immediate family members.
- MyLibertyAssist EAP: 877-695-2789
- If you have MyLibertyAssist® services, CLICK HERE to visit their website
- You can also see the Employee Benefits Guide for more information.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set up regular pretax deductions from your paycheck to cover qualified health care and dependent care out-of-pocket expenses and reduce your annual taxable income.
- You must actively enroll each plan year for Flexible Spending Account's!
- When you enroll, you will receive a health care FSA debit card. At the time of service you can decide to use that card or file a claim manually...the choice is yours.
- Note: If you are on the health insurance plan with the District, your FSA medical reimbursement will be automatically generated when a claim is processed. you do have the option to "opt out" of the program. See your "Welcome Packet" which will be sent to you after open enrollment for further details on this option.
- Reminder: Even if your dependents are not on any of your insurance plans, you can use your debit card or turn in receipts to your medical FSA.
- For more information on "Flexible Spending Accounts", call 866-755-2648.
Providing economic security for your family is a major consideration in personal financial planning. To help give your family some security in the event something happens to you, you can purchase life insurance through Liberty Mutual. Short and Long-Term Disability is also available to protect your income if you become disabled and are unable to work.
- The Employee Benefits Guide offers more information
- Liberty Mutual Customer Service: 888-787-2129
KBR Medical Gap Plans
The KeyGap Plan® is a voluntary insurance benefit designed to help you pay certain co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles.
- Provides a low-cost benefit to help pay for certain out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Covers expenses incurred while you or your family member is treated at a hospital (contract definitions apply), outpatient facilities and free standing outpatient surgery center, MRI facility and Ambulance transportation related to an accident.
- Pays you or your provider directly based on the expenses applied to your medical plan. Benefits are payable based on the amount shown on your medical plan's explanation of benefits.
- For more information, call Kemper Benefits at 877-907-5511.
Student Accident Insurance
Accidents happen and there are affordable accident insurance plans to cover your child either 24 hours a day or while in school. If you have other insurance, these plans may help with deductibles and co-insurance in those plans.
- Fowinkle School Insurance Agency : 800-541-8256
- Fowinke School Insurance Agency Information
Vision Program (Plan A or B)
If you or your family members wear glasses or contacts, you know that vision care expenses only begin with an eye exam and can range in hundreds of dollars. The District offers Humana VisionCare Plan (VCP) to help you pay for the high costs of eye care.
- VisionCare: 866-537-0229
- VisionCare Clay County School Board Website
- Out of Network Claims: COMPBENEFITS, ATTN: NON-PANEL CLAIMS, PO BOX 14311, LEXINGTON, KY 40512-4311 or you can fax your claim to: 800-417-3813
Plan A employees may purchase the Accident and Injury Policy for themselves and their dependents. Plan B employees must enroll in the Accident and Injury Policy in order for the coverage to be provided for them by the district with the option of purchasing coverage for their dependents.
- Accident/Injury Policy
- UNUM Customer Service: 800-635-5597